Thursday, August 20, 2009

one of these days...

I am actually going to visit this poor blog regularly again. I keep jotting down things on my "blog about this" list, but I never actually manage to blog about them. In lieu of real writing, here's a snapshot of things I want to share:
  • My first real fasting experience, during which God spoke some amazing things into my heart. In general, He is working in my life like never before... mostly because I am yielding to Him and walking in obedience like never before. Funny how that works.
  • The joy and struggle of life with my two-year-old, including his new penchant for screaming bloody murder in the car - a lot. When does that end??
  • My in-laws first visit to Portland, and our campaign to woo them this direction.
  • Beginning to think about preschool for Eli next fall - not sure how that is even possible - and wondering what other mommies look/looked for in a preschool.
  • My struggle with resolving the absolute truth of Jesus Christ and my desire to respect personal liberty and choice.
  • My new journey as a runner, which has been derailed (temporarily, I hope) by a hip injury, bad knees, and that pesky family visit. :)
Hopefully I'll get to writing about these things soon. Bet you can hardly wait. :)

2 comments:

Steve and Jenn said...

:) I can hardly wait!!

Unknown said...

Ugh, the screaming. I'm at a point where I just can't take Jack to the store by myself. It's ugly.

As for preschool, it's pretty simple here in the small hometown. You choose one and you sign up. Between the two preschools we've had kids at here I loved the Lutheran church pschool the best. It's easy to be woo'd but super academic push preschools, but truly it's just about socialization when they're 3. Don't overthink it.