Tuesday, December 9, 2008

in my house there are many penises

Today was the big day... the ultrasound. Although Ben and I (and everyone we know) were hoping for a girl this time around, God has seen fit to bless us with another little bundle of testosterone. I admit to a momentary but substantial breakdown in the bathroom (by the way, never look in the mirror under fluorescent lights after you've been crying... wow), I came to terms with the news and now feel only slight disappointment mingled with my excitement. I'm happy for Eli to have a brother so close in age and pray that they will be best buddies (I should probably stop reading Danielle's blog now). I also know that it will be a blessing for us to be able to re-use a lot of Eli's stuff, but don't think that I won't be scooping up some adorable new outfits for my little guy. Eli's clothes are so 2007. We're having a little trouble coming up with a name, but we're leaning towards Noah, Ethan, or Lucas. We briefly considered the names "Heh." or "Well, maybe next time!" but worried that they might send the wrong message to our child.

So, pressure's on, Baby Number Three. Pressure's on.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hahahaha! Love the title of this post! Huge congrats. I still remember when we learned the sex of our 3rd child, where Isaac wanted a brother and Emily wanted a sister. After finding out it was another girl (Lisa), Isaac said, "that's okay Mom, you can have a brother next time for me." Next time? What? I hadn't even had the 3rd one yet and we hadn't even considered a 4th. But thankfully God answered Isaac's wish and made #4 his baby brother Keegan. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. :o)

Whitney said...

Hilarious title. Gave Ryan great pause when he thought I was on my own blog...

I am thrilled for you. I know that some things are mixed blessings and a little disappointment is hard to deny when you wanted a girl, but a little boy will be such fun for Eli. And then you can pimp them out together. Imagine the photo spreads. I love the names you're thinking of. I have always loved Lucas.

I am so excited for you. You make beautiful boys. And brothers have such fun together!

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

As I recently told another friend who is due with a boy a week after me (and desperately wanted a girl), I am thrilled for you for my own selfish reasons. I am so excited to have other little boys so close in age to my little bundles. They can get all their energy out together. You know that makes 4 boys between us and Madison who I am sure will keep up. Think of all the mud and trucks in our futures. :) Congratulations friend on the increase in penises. Hee hee!

Danielle said...

SO excited for you guys!! And don't stop reading my blog--I know my boys will get along someday. Eli seems like a far more gentle spirit than Brice. I'm sure Eli will love him (and remember, I had H when B was 16 months old; not a good age, I don't think.) I think you guys, us, and Tim and Marci need to vacation together, as we will have 5 boys under two years. Wow!!!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Ethan

Elijah and Ethan is cute

Marci said...

I love the vacation idea! I see a rented beachhouse and some lazy mommies lying in lawn chairs while their little boys make sand castles. :-) Destin, FL? North Carolina? You name it, I'm there!