Saturday, January 30, 2010

sunday stuff

I suppose I'm a fickle blogger.

I really want to write daily. I have the itch. I have the ideas. It's the time and the energy that seem to be lacking.

My sort-of-secret dream is be a "real" writer. As in, published by someone other than blogspot.com. But I know that takes more dedication than I currently seem to manage. In the meantime, I'm here today.

(By the way, today is Stream of Consciousness Sunday. Didn't you know?)

I am a bit of a worship music junkie. Is that a contradiction in terms? God bless whoever created modern worship (it's got to be either King David or Keith Green, right?). My taste in music tends to run to the indie/alternative bands, but I try to listen to worship music as much as I can. I absolutely believe that what I feed myself with (music, TV, movies, books) affects my emotional and spiritual health. Anyway. A few songs on my current worship playlist:

Everything - Tim Hughes
With Me - Chris Tomlin
Desire - Phil Wickham
Alleluia, Sing - David Crowder Band
My Soul Sings - Delirious
Sound of Melodies - Leeland
Now Unto the One - Evan Wickham
Beautiful King - Danyew
Birmingham (We Are Safe) - DCB
You'll Come - Hillsong United
I Will Wait for You There - Phil Wickham
How He Loves - DCB

Just a sample. I also recently discovered Seeds Family Worship, which are scripture memory songs for kids. Basically GT and the Halo Express, but slightly cooler.

I am dying for a vacation. Ben and I were vacationing fools when we were kidless and had lots of pretend money. Since Eli was born, we've spent one night away, just the two of us. ONE. Our tenth anniversary is coming up this summer, and I want to go somewhere. And while I wouldn't say no to a free trip to Fiji, I will happily take a couple of nights out at the coast.

Speaking of Fiji... I have a problem with daydreaming, I think. God is working on that with me. I daydream a lot. I mean, a lot a lot. I imagine the things I want to be and have and do, and sometimes it gets me down about what I currently am and have and do, and that's when the Holy Spirit steps in to remind me about contentment. I am thankful to be loved by a God who takes me the way I am and makes me into something better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa! Thanks so much for your mention of Seeds Family Worship! Send me an email and I'll let you know all the latest and greatest from Seeds! michelle@seedsfamilyworship.com

Keep planting!
Michelle

www.seedsfamilyworship.com

Kyla Kay said...

GT and the Halo express not cool? My kids are all about that. Brenna is always asking to listen to the one with Big Bad Billy Baxter! Did you know there are 7 of those or something like that? My sister in law has them all on CD. My kids just have the two I had on tape from the CCN days. I actually found a picture from our second year performance. My outfit is absolutely hideous! Doug laughs at all my clothes from my youth. He is amazed that I still have friends from those days. Thanks for sticking by me!

Abbie said...

I LOVE Beautiful King by Daneyw!! If you like him, you should check out Brooke Fraser, especially her songs "Albertine" and "C.S. Lewis Song." <<my new favorites!