Sunday, February 13, 2011

15 things - days 7, 8, 9

Day 7- A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you



These little people have changed my life in every way possible, for the very best.

Day 8- Short term goals for this month and why


1. Roast a whole chicken. Because I've always wanted to try it. Because on Top Chef they are always roasting chickens and talking about how amazing the the crispy browned skin is. Because I envision the whole process: glass of wine, favorite cooking music, the deep satisfaction I get from chopping fresh herbs, and the even deeper satisfaction of making something absolutely delicious.

2. Run three miles with at least one kid in the stroller. To date, I've managed two, with serious concern for my cardiovascular health. I can do 6, maybe 7 by myself, so it seems ridiculous.

3. Get my garage under control. It's still half full of boxes, most of them rummaged through and left for dead. It's a nightmare.

Day 9- Something you're proud of in the past few days

I cooked the chicken! And guess what? Chicken skin, no matter how crispy and brown, makes me want to puke. Also, I couldn't hear my favorite cooking music over the mind-numbing whine and wail of my two-year-old, who hates dinner-making time in a violent way. But the chicken itself was delicious, so, WIN.

No comments: