Saturday, June 14, 2008

actually, i am...

Right off the bat, I must tell you that I stole this idea from my friend Whitney, who I am certain stole it from no one. She is simply brilliant on her own. She wrote one about me, but it was far, far too generous. I thought I'd make it a bit more accurate.

I am: insecure
I think: more slowly than I used to
I know: useless pop culture trivia
I want: to be less critical
I have: a happy, funny, adorable son
I wish: I kept a cleaner home
I hate: migraines
I miss: my waistline
I fear: cancer, car wrecks, nuclear war... you name it
I feel: weary
I hear: the dishwasher - strangely, one of my favorite sounds
I crave: Starbuck's Java Chip ice cream
I search: for contentment
I wonder: about the what-ifs
I regret: not always valuing virtue
I ache: for anyone who doesn't know God's love
I care: what other people think of me
I always: pretend that I don't
I am not: high-strung
I believe: that Jesus loves me
I sing: joyfully
I dance: awkwardly
I cry: often and loudly
I don't always: floss, even though I know better
I fight: my human nature
I write: honestly
I never: know when to bite my tongue
I listen: without judgment
I need: affirmation. Lots and lots of affirmation.
I am happy: today

2 comments:

Heather said...

I must say that Whitney stole this from me - and I stole it from a friend, who stole it from a friend of a friend's blog - and who that person stole it from, I am not sure. But among my blogging buddies, we call it being "tagged". And it is so much fun!

Whitney said...

Yes, I admit - I have no actually original ideas - but do so enjoy taking others:). I think I learned that in student teaching as a very viable strategy! You sell yourself short - but always with great humor! I adore you.