Tuesday, June 3, 2008

things i love and things i hate

Things I am loving right now:
  • Rock Band. I love to play with Ben. I'm best on the drums, suck on the guitar, and love to sing.
  • Books. I've been reading up a storm lately. Some good recent reads - The Bright Forever, The Jane Austen Book Club, A Room With a View. I'm looking forward to reading The Russian Concubine next.
  • Reality shows. I love the Legally Blond show on MTV, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance. I can't wait for the new seasons of Shear Genius and Project Runway to start. I'll watch anything on Bravo.
  • Sweet Cream ice cream with fresh strawberries from Coldstone Creamery. In a waffle bowl.
  • Being thirty.
Things I'm not loving:
  • Slow Oregon drivers. People here do not speed. I speed. I am a speeder.
  • The crappy weather we've been having. We keep hearing that it's a fluke, that it's usually really nice and sunny and warm this time of year in Portland. It had better be.
  • Cooking. I do through phases of being a really good cook and enjoying making dinners. This is not one of those phases, sadly.
  • Headaches. I am still having headaches every day and migraines every two or three days. Still. I haven't had a day without a headache since Eli was born. I'm going to try acupuncture. I hope I don't end up on Dateline... "All she wanted was to lose her headache... "
  • Elijah's new habit of having mini-meltdowns when he doesn't get what he wants. Or doesn't know what he wants. Or doesn't know how to tell me what he wants. Who does he think he is, a toddler?
  • Did I mention the weather?

2 comments:

Dara Wills said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE sweet cream with strawberries in a waffle bowl, too! It's my favorite! We should go sometime. And don't worry, the weather is like this every year in June, it's not a fluke, but you'll get used to it and learn to love it. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'll be a true Oregonian before you know it!

Amanda said...

Hey! I am terrible on facebook, but a loyal blogger! I am glad to get to add you to my daily read!!