Tuesday, June 24, 2008

for the sake of transparency...

... let me share that my house is never really clean until company comes. Really. I keep my living room and kitchen clean, and I manage pretty well with the bathrooms. But that's just the "front of the house" facade that makes me feel like a very righteous homemaker and puts me at ease that if someone were to drop by unexpectedly, I could probably fool them. The truth is, my bedroom, my closet, my enormous piles of various-stage laundry... this is the truth of my homemaking abilities. I so very much want to be the Proverbs 31 woman, but who has the energy?

If
you have the energy, please don't tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone! We actually invite people over often to force ourselves to get everything clean sometimes. Eventually, when my kids are grown, I would like to think my house will stay much cleaner, but for now it's the least important chore on my daily list. Spending quality time with all my little mess makers is far more important.

Danielle said...

You are a Proverbs 31 woman!! I'm guessing your children will never rise up and call you blessed until they're about 45 :) Keeping your house pristine is much less important than keeping your home environment peaceful and welcoming. You've got that part down, so who cares what stage your laundry is in??